Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumn Colors

I haven't touched this blog in ages, and frankly my camera has seen little use beyond pictures of my daughter and more recently the early days of her ringette season. For the last couple of weeks a local stand of trees with leaves turning has caught my eye and today I finally got off my butt to try and make a picture of them. They are located along a fairly busy thoroughfare with cars and trucks whizzing back and forth. That combined with some serious wind and not that much light made it pretty difficult to get a sharp image. In retrospect I should have dragged the 'ol shutter and turned those colored leaves into a swaying abstract.

But, regardless, I got an image that shows the fading colors of autumn. Which here is a harbinger of doom for the long and harsh winter to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment