Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter Chill

First post of the new year. Two-thousand and eleven - hard to believe it's here already. As sure as death and taxes the weather in these parts dips well below T-shirt and shorts temperatures around the end of December. Which isn't great for a fair weather photographer such as myself. Something I need to change, but for the time being this is a start.

The upside of shooting during the winter months is that the sun gets low and the light starts to rule pretty early in the afternoon. On our way home from the arena I noticed some nice backlight and color contrast opportunities, all available at the very civilized hour of 4:15PM. I wish I was of the same mental fortitude as landscape savants such as David Noton but, alas, I am not.

From here I had a quick 2-minute drive back home to warm up. Sorry, David.





No comments:

Post a Comment