Friday, April 29, 2011

Bastion

Bastion by Jay Mitch
Bastion, a photo by Jay Mitch on Flickr.

Was a little bored this evening. And it was really windy. So on a whim I grabbed my rig including the Lee Big Stopper 10-stop ND filter and headed over to the local gravel pits. Was interested in capturing that cloud movement. Unfortunately my angles were limited as I was trying to avoid the houses that are nestled along the perimeter. This lone tree poking out of the water provided sufficient foreground interest. With the help of a 2-stop Lee ND grad to hold the sky I ended up with a 6+ minute exposure. The tree stump was sufficiently solid to stay still throughout, providing an anchor against the movement of the sky and the (otherwise choppy) pond.

Too bad I had those bushes to the right poking in.

1 comment: