Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bailout

Had a productive trip to The Dump today.  On a whim brought my camera hoping to see something of interest.  There are a series of haybails along a ridgeline adjacent to the road.  This was framed with a low horizon to emphasize the sky, and the haybail balanced against the sun poking through the late-fall clouds.  By necessity this was shot as an HDR image because of the extreme contrast.  Conversion to black and white served to emphasize the graphic nature of the single bail on the low horizon, and the texture of the clouds.

As I shot this I was also kicking myself that I didn't have my 10-stop ND filter with me.  Would make a striking image with those clouds transformed into streaks of motion across the sky. Maybe next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment