Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hand of God

Last weekend we returned from a lengthy and much needed vacation at Universal Studios in Florida and an Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas.  Was a fabulous trip but still paying the price on two counts:

1. Detoxification.

2. Image editing.

With more shots than I care to admit to pour through, catalogue, and develop the latter may be the most difficult but I hope to start posting some of my favorites over the next while.  To cap things off I'm going to start with this.

God Rays.


This type of show on the open seas was fairly common, with a degree of cloud cover allowing the setting (or rising) sun's rays to poke through and spotlight a small portion of the water.  I have many... MANY... of these with different framing and crops and spot size.  This may or may not be my favorite, but I had to start somewhere.

And while the skies look incredibly ominous and threatening here it is purely an aesthetic choice, one that I made at the time of shooting.  It was actually bright and warm and we had mostly smooth water the entire trip.  Which is good news as rough seas would have either made me hurl and/or spill my Margaritas.

1 comment: