Friday, May 18, 2012

Corydon

It's Long Weekend Time here and I decided to extend it an extra day.  Passed the time this morning with another self-imposed "photowalk", this time down Corydon Avenue.  Funky area, nice morning, and a relaxing way to start the weekend.  Made my way home early afternoon and spent the balance editing and making some prints.

The entire set can be seen here on Flickr.  Below are my favorites of the morning.

First off is an otherwise simple scene of a red mailbox offset against a green light standard against an essentially monochomatic background.  I have a vertical of this as well with just those two elements.  But for this framing I wanted to add someone walking by, oblivious to what I thought was an interesting splash of color.  Many thanks to this gentleman out for a morning stroll for adding the extra interest.  I particularly like the book peeking out of his pocket.  Wondering if he's coming from or heading to somewhere to read it.


Further along was a gunmetal gray brick storefront.  Another monochromatic scene otherwise interrupted by splashes of color.  And again it turns out there is red and green playing off each other.  I really liked those aspects of the frame as well as the shapes and geometry of it all.


In contrast to the order of "For Sale" above is the grit and dirt of this tucked away alcove, featuring a broom that deserves more use.  This area is actually in somewhat of a "grotto" behind a metal gate so I was standing there poking my lens through the opening, presumably looking quite silly.  This is probably an indication of how my brain works as despite the pile of debris there is still order here with plenty of straight lines throughout.  I also love the texture of the stucco'd wall and soft diffused light.


And finally some more stucco and texture... and green.  I have a thing for shadows and contrast.  And here I like that you can see the tree trunk, but its leaves and branches are visible only by way of the shadows they cast.  That these happen to be on a green wall sweetens the deal.


All in all a successful and enjoyable day.  Test prints are waiting for me for each of these to be reviewed, refined, and printed to large(ish) scale.

Now... it's Margarita Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment